Saturday, December 13, 2008

On My Radar: 12/13-12/14 Weekend Edition

As with most weekends, things are slow. But that doesn't mean that there is NOTHING going on. Here's what's on my radar...

>Ill. Governor Rod Blagojevich: Yes, not a specific news piece about him, but the whole guy himself. Anything can happen with this guy so I'm watching his whole situation. It also seems that there are some developments that are leading people to think the good gov. will resign on Monday. [http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/12/13/blagojevich-could-decide_n_150769.html]

>The First Friends
: I know. Who knew Presidents had friends? Furthermore, who knew they had a title? Anyways, the NY Times has got an interesting piece on the first friends and how they plan on staying close. [http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/14/us/politics/14friends.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss]


>Shaun Donovan = HUD Secretary
: Another day, and another appointment for Pres. Elect Obama. Side note, this one was not a press event, but rather via Radio Address. Perhaps because his last one that unveiled Tom Daschle as Health and Human Service Secretary turned into another Blagojevich press conference. Anyway, NYC Housing Commissioner Shaun Donovan was appointed to Housing and Urban Development today. [http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/12/13/1713853.aspx]


>The church, the church, the church was on Fire
: Ok, lets just let it be known that I am NOT celebrating this next stroy, its just that this headline was the only thing I could think of. None the less, an arson is being blamed for a fire at Gov. Palin's home church. Palin aplogized if the fire was started because of undue attention she gave the church. [http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28213500/]

No comments: