Friday, September 19, 2008

Brain Transplant: Rove Goes From Bush to McCain

An article posted by Sam Stein on the Huffington Post earlier today aroused my interest. Stein asked if John McCain may have taken a prompt from Karl Rove on our Economic mess and how to turn it against Obama. Stein writes:

A day before the Arizona Republican began criticizing Barack Obama for taking economic advice from former Fannie Mae executive Frank Raines - a dubious claim that was challenged even by the source who first reported it - the former Bush strategist urged McCain to do just that.


And he did, in the from of the ad I posted earlier today. Rove said to "identify that the source of this contagion, the thing that started these dominoes going down was the misbehavior of Fannie and Freddie." And I guess McCain attempted to do that in the Frank Rains ad.

All this speculation remind me of last week where Rove said that McCain has "gone too far," where I can't believe nobody called BS! I think the media and perhaps even Rove himself forgot this little nugget reported on The Politico in March 2008.

Karl Rove, the president’s top political hand since his Texas days, recently gave money to McCain and soon after had a private conversation with the senator. A top McCain adviser said both Mehlman and Rove are now informally advising the campaign. Rove refused to detail his conversation with McCain.


So, Rove thinks McCain has gone too far as he advises him to go that far? It's clear that Rove is advising the McCain camp but I cannot figure out why on Fox News Sunday he would pretend to be this outside observer. This may all be part of some kind of new Rove strategy to help project McCain's maverick-ness. To get people to think "Wow, McCain really is a maverick, he doesn't even listen to Rove!"

Or maybe I'm just making much ado about nothing. All I'm saying is I don't trust Rove and everything is part of some bigger Strategy to him.


No comments: